So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Here's To The Silence That Cuts Me To The Core



It's like this. When you are four you want to be a princess and nothing can stop you from ruling the perfect kingdom. At seven you're a teacher, and your students love you, because what could be more cool than learning? At ten years old it's crucial that you become a police officer, or maybe the president of the U.S. But at 13 you don't know what to do with your life, and at 16 it's even more unclear. I always thought I knew exactly what I would do with my life. I thought I'd pick up and move. I'd live perfectly with my perfect family in Arizona, far away from Michigan, and even further from all the mistakes I've made growing up. I'd be married to the perfect man, and have the perfect kids, and life would be...well, perfect. Now though, things have changed. I'm not saying I wont, but leaving doesn't seem so important anymore. I guess it's because of people I've met, or things I've been doing but I know my future is no longer sticking to the book. It's changed and it's uncertain, yet so promising, and I'm completely terrified. I don't know which direction I should go in, but somehow this doesn't bother me. Why? Because everything is going to be okay. I have a sense of trust in the things I'm doing, and I know I'll get out somehow, even if it doesn't mean physically leaving this place. And that, is amazing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails