So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Reality Is Catching Up With Me, Taking My Inner Child

Let me tell you something about me: I'm different, I'm difficult, I'm awkward. I make mistakes. I don't always have the right thing to say, not even most of the time, but I'm good at listening. I have trouble falling asleep at night, and my hair never falls quite the way I want it to. My feet are too big, and my eyes are too small, but I have the brightest, straightest smile, and I've never even had braces. I can't even begin to explain the amount of times I've messed something important up, or ruined a surprise. I talk a lot, and most of the things I say are negative, but people tend to find me funny. You may not understand me, in fact, you probably won't, but the thing is, you don't have to understand every little thing I do in order to like me. Why don't people understand this? Sure, there are a million and one things wrong with me, but with every bad thing I guarantee there are two better things. So get to know me before you judge. Maybe you'll see me on a bad day, but I promise you the tomorrow that follows will be better. So let's hear it for second chances, let's hear it for fixing things that are broken, and let's hear it for taking a walk in someone else's shoes before judging them.



"I am no one special. Just a common [woman] with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but in one respect I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and for me that has always been enough." 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails