So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Monday, July 26, 2010

There Were Sounds In My Head. Little Voices Whispering That I Should Go...And I Found Myself Listening

For the full effect, listen to this song as you are reading.
(Click on the song title to listen)


"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings."
-Diogenes

New questions answered in the "FAQ" page. This post is going to be mostly a collection of quotes I've gathered over the years. All of them are taken from emails I've sent people in the past or graphics I've saved in my email. It's funny how I can remember what my problems were and see how much I've progressed emotionally in the last few years just by looking through my much neglected email account. I hope those of you who read this get as much out of these quotes as I did, as words of wisdom are what have gotten me through my hardest days (and will continue to do so). I believe thoughts that are expressed through honest words are the closest thing we can get to magic in this crazy world. With that, I have added a personal though to each quote, expressing my own opinions on those wise words. Enjoy.

"Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down."
The leap. Yep. Self explanatory, but oh so powerful. I don't care who you are, you will be faced with a decision in your life where you don't know what to do and quite frankly, either way you are completely scared. It's inevitable. But sometimes, you just have to go for it and learn along the way because if you don't you will miss out on something amazing.

"In the depths of winter, I finally realized there was in me an invincible summer."
-I absolutely hate winter. This is, of course, metaphorical but honestly, I the kind of person who needs to hold on the the small fact that summer is coming again just to get me through the winters. I love that even though this is supposed to be a metaphor it is completely literal for me.

"In all things, it is better to hope than dispair."
-It's so simple. If you think positively and just get through it (no matter what IT is) things will be ok. Everything has a funny way of working out. Sometimes, in our favor where as other times not so much.Either way though, I believe everything happens for a reason and us, as people, need to accept that.

"Love is a fire but whether it's going to warm up your heart your burn down your house you can never tell."
-You really can't tell and that's the fun part. Yeah, you get hurt and that's not fun but getting back up after your heart get's "broken" and realizing you are stronger than you thought. That's the fun part. The mystery and thrill of not knowing if this guy is going to last is the fun part. And most of all, not being afraid of taking that chance, even if you know that there's a good change you'll get burned, THAT is the fun part.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails