So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Friday, July 23, 2010

I've Got A Watch But I Don't Have Time

"One day, I fell asleep and I never woke up. And in my dream I saw a fairy. She was holding a flower and she was so pretty, but then she opened her whole head and she ate the flower. But she was still hungry, because she turned her head and she looked at me, and I knew that she was going to eat me too. But I was faster and I ran and ran and ran. Only she ran and ran and ran after me, and all the time she was getting bigger with scary teeth and I thought, "Aren't fairies supposed to be tiny?" And suddenly, she was gone, along with everything but the forest and I was very scared. Even more scared than I was with the fairy. And I almost wished she'd come back because whatever was waiting for me in my dream forest wasn't hungry, but it was waiting for me anyway. One day i fell asleep. and I never woke up."
-Childrin R Skary, Never Woke Up

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly miserable and racked with sorrow; but through it all, I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. I mean look at you. You're young, and you're scared. Why are you so scared? Stop being paralyzed. Stop swallowing your words. Stop caring what other people think. Wear what you want. Say what you want. Listen to the music that you want to listen to. Play it as loud as you can and dance to it. Go out for a drive and forget you have school or work the next day. Stop waiting for Friday to come sweep you off your feet and live now. Take risks. Tell secrets. This life is yours. When are you gonna realize that you can do whatever you want?

"Even if you think the flame has died there's at least one lyric that'll hit that last hot spot, and then you'll find yourself as [messed up] as you were the day you lied and said you never wanted to see him again."
-John Mayer

Little things still remind me of you but the difference is I don't miss you anymore.

Love is something that can only be felt, not described. You can try to fit words to the feeling but somehow you always come up short because so much is lost in translation. Your definition is different from the next person's and theirs different from the next. Love is a smell, a sound, a word that reminds you of that person. Everything reminds you of them but you don't mind because a thought that isn't about them is a wasted thought. Love is a mystical, powerful and real. "There is something there. There may be evolutionary mechanisms and there are certainly biochemical mechanisms but somehow...there's a little bit of magic in it too."

In my school it's always Halloween because people are always trying to be something they're not. There are so many lies and deceiving facades that nothing that you see can be trusted, and I want out. Pretending to be someone you are not takes a toll on the real you and the real you is more important than anyone. I hate it. People are so fake and everyone encourages that behavior like it's something to be proud of. I am me. That's all I will ever be and that's all I want to be. I don't need to be fake, act fake, talk fake. I wear what I want, show what I feel, and speak what's on my mind. I'm honest, happy, and best of all: Real. And I like it this way.

Ever feel something so powerful it knocks you off your feet? Maybe a bad feeling like anger or sadness or maybe a good one such as happiness or ecstasy. Does it remind you of another moment where you felt something different or is it new? I always feel so ripped off when I feel amazing before realizing that I only feel that way because it reminds me of a moment when I felt the same way. It's cheap happiness or cheap anger. I don't want it. I'm all for feeling things but only if those emotions are real. Enjoy every moment, good and bad, because you never know when (if) you'll feel that way again. You may think you don't want to be sad ever again but if you don't remember what it's like to feel bad, you can't ever fully enjoy good feelings.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails