So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Take All Your Dreams, There's Nothing Left To Lose

The formspring you guys have requested has been made:
http://formspring.me/timeless2morro
If you want to contact me other ways, see the contact page on your right.
Enjoy this post and have a wonderful weekend!


"Without love, we are birds with broken wings."
-Morrie

DEATH:
There are so many wonderful things to learn about life, but unfortunately each of those wonderful things are paired with a not-so-wonderful aspect as well. It's not that it's meant to be equal parts good and bad, but you have to learn to accept the bad things to enjoy those that are good. "Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live." When you learn that not everything is going to be good, you can go on living life without the constant shadow of dissapointment everytime something goes wrong.

EMOTIONS:
In a book I was reading recently, one of the characters mother dies. Seventy years later, he still chokes up when he talks about her. Why? Because emotions never die. They can be hidden by stronger ones but they are never really gone. You may feel sad one moment, and happy the next but did that sad feeling go away or was is hidden by the happy which is always more powerful? It's not a bad thing that emotions can be covered up, you have to pay close attention to what you are really feeling. Most people as in human nature don't pay attention to how they feel and that can cause so many problems. People think too much and talk to much but never about the right things.

FRIENDSHIP:
"We will hold hands, and there will be a lot of love passing between us...we have thirty five years of friendship. You don't need speech or hearing to feel that."
-Morrie

The bond of freindship shown in the above quote is so beautiful. As soon as I read that I knew right away that I would be posting it on here. I love all of my freinds and there are certain ones that I hope will be with me 35 years from now to hold my hand if I go deaf, blind, or even both. There are so many people who do so much for me in my life and they deserve to be appreciated. I love every single one of those people. Some share blood with me and others don't but each and every one of them are considered family to me.

"Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust then, too- even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling."
-Morrie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails