So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Au Revoir, Hier.

Goodbye yesterday. That's the new phrase I'm going to try to live by becuase really, how often can you take back or fix what you did the day before? Like never.



Well, TGIF. I drive tonight, which is pretty awesome and I'm really looking forward to it, but the weather is pretty crappy. I hope it doesn't rain too hard. I might panic and hit something if it does. Last night I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up super late reading a book. Yes, I did finish a whole book in one night, but it was pretty thin. It's a book I would reccomend to anyone of any age (14+) called The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It's about a 15/16 year old kid and his first year of high school but it's a book that would benefit many adults. He writes these letters to someone like a diary about all his experiences, troubles, and wonders. It's really great, you should read it. I'm serious about that... I always highlight quotes I like from books so I can learn from them or live off them or whatever but my favorite from this particular story was "I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we will never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them." I just think thats such great advice. I can learn from it, and that's what makes a book good, being able to learn from it.


(this is a page from The Perks Of Being A Wallflower)

So now I'm watching The Mentalist and worrying because I left my hot chocolate in my teachers car and I don't want him to be mad at me. Oh well. I guess he'll have half of a free hot chocolate. Or maybe he wont notice and another student will throw it away for me. Or not. Either way, I should be okay.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday. It's the weekend, BE HAPPY! I'll write more later, probably in the tomorow range, but thanks for reading. I love you all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails