So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

These Hearts They Race From Self Control



Dear (you know who you are),

I do hide things from you, keep words from you, hold back thoughts from you. But I don't do it because I want to. No, that's far from the real reason because I'm dying to tell you. I tried to get myself to bring it up, but I just can't. You're so happy, so innocent, I just couldn't do it. I'm doing this for you. If you knew the truth you'd be sad. So sad, so upset, so betrayed. But would you even believe me? Or would you trust that what you know now is the real thing? I simply cannot tell and it's better this way. Better for you. I'm sorry, and I really hope you understand, but I would just like to ask you to not bring this up when we talk next. I care about you, and I don't want you to change your decisions base on me.

Yours truly,
Me

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails