So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

We're Just Dancing, We're Just Hugging, Singing, Screaming, Kissing, Tugging On The Strings Of How It Used To Be.



When I read a good book, I highlight the parts that make me feel something. The meaningful quotes that would be a shame to never think of again. 

MONSTERS UNDER YOUR HEAD
BY CHAD SUGG

"Stop re-painting your walls they're pretty just the way they are."
- Stop trying to change. Stop switching your thoughts to fit other people's expectations. Stop going with society and just be yourself. It's worth it. You are a good person the way you are and you do not by any means need to change.

"The flowers we got you had all wilted by the time you got back home, but you still put 'em on a shelf and called them beautiful."

"I'd like to spend all my money on cookbooks, life books, and how not to worry."
-Wouldn't it be awesome to just know how to live life worry free. No stress. Nothing less than perfection feeling every pore of your thoughts, words, and feelings. It would be like  relationship without the fights. But what if not worrying kept you from thinking. What if that relationship wasn't a relationship at all? 

"Just because you love something, doesn't mean it will last."
-Nothing ever lasts. Not freedom. Not the things you love. Not even love itself will last past the future.

"Without my dreams I would be nothing and a person without dreams is nothing I want to be."

TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE
BY MITCH ALBOM

"My days were full, yet I remained, much of the time, unsatisfied. What happened to me?"

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. They way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

"Maybe death is the great equalizer, the one big thing that can finally make strangers shed a tear for one another." 

"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in...Let it come in. We think we don't deserve love, we think if we let it in we'll become too soft. But a wise man lamed Levine said it right. He said, 'Love is the only rational act.' 
-Love. Is. The. Only. Rational. Act.


'"Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too- even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling."

I've made quite a collection. Someday I will write a book and my words will mean something to someone, and I will dedicate that book to the authors of the books with the words that I felt. Someday, someone will feel my words, and wen they do, I hope they will highlight them in faded orange ink like I have done hundreds of times before. Someday, a blog post will have my quotes splattered across it's pages like fresh paint on a hardwood floor. And someday my words will inspire someone to write something about the things they read and the feelings they got from my precious words.

I keep a notebook by my bed so when I can't sleep, I write until my eyes get heavy, or I run out of things to say. Whichever comes first. I keep it there for the times I wake up in the middle of the night and don't want to forget the dream I was just before having. (No matter how rare that may be.) I keep it there for when my blog is far from reach but inspiration is not. I often fall asleep with a pen in my hand and shiny, bright colored ink coating my fingertips and sheets. I figure the feeling I wake up to the smell of ink that it must be what a painter would be to feel like if he fell asleep with his canvas full of life, and a blooming rainbow of colors flooding around him. I hand craft sentence to project my thoughts onto paper and maybe you wont understand, but each letter deserves a standing ovation for it's starring roll in each word. It's hard to describe to someone who doesn't realize that words are art, but they are, and it's beautiful, and nothing in the world could make me more happy. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails