So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Friday, August 13, 2010

This Town Will Be The Downfall Of Us All

So I've been feeling completely uninspired to write lately, but I decided that I'm going to keep this blog instead of deleting it like I earlier planned. I used to update every single day, but I've run out of things to say and I just can't do it anymore, but I sure will try my best.


So, life has been good to me lately. I'm actually enjoying myself, which isn't particularly rare but still surprising all the same. It's weird to be back in Michigan. I keep looking around expecting to see that everything has changed when really nothing has except for me. I guess that's what happens when you leave for 6 weeks and come back a completely different person. I miss Arizona. I miss the cacti and palm trees. I miss the heat so powerful you sometimes couldn't breathe. And most of all, I miss the feeling of happiness I felt every second of being there. It's nice to know that I have something waiting for me whether I'm here or there, and though I prefer to go back, I know I can be happy here. I've chosen to make the best of my time here and that was the best thing I ever could have done. If I'm stuck here for the next two years of my life I might as well enjoy it, right? I feel so grown up. I don't know if this new maturity is going to last or if it's temporary, but I like it. I feel like high school is too immature for me. All the drama people have been causing repels off of me like oil and water and I only laugh at it. It's insane. My life has changed, and I accept that. I don't miss my old hobbies, old school, or old life because I know for sure that they didn't make it to my future for a reason, and I'm okay with that. I don't even need the memories. I guess that people like to keep memories because they don't really change even when people do, but I don't mind change. It's never been hard for me to just let go and start over. "I have learned that if you love life, life will love you back." (Maya Angelou)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails