So this is my life, and I am both happy and sad- and still trying to figure out how that may be.
My photo
My aspirations span wider than any map you'll ever read.

Friday, January 21, 2011

With My Feet On The Dash The World Doesn't Matter

Sometimes I'm inspirations and upbeat, and sometimes I'm more depressing than even I can handle, but it doesn't even really matter. This is my blog. It's not a website to help you discover the meaning of life (I'm just as lost as you are) and it's not some emo kid's rant site (though I do rant often). It's just me. My thoughts, my feelings, my life. I'm not going to force my ideas or beliefs upon you, which you should know by now if you are a regular reader. All I ask of you is just listen. Because maybe I'm not perfect, and I'm definitely not a professional, but I do have some pretty good ideas about life. I've seen it all and there's nothing I- or anyone else- can do to undo my experiences. Someone might as well learn from them. Right? Yes. Life is a terrible, horrible, simplistic, beautiful thing. You win, you lose, you forget things, but somehow you're still alive. Sometimes how you even managed to live though it all may surprise you, but if you look back I'm sure you can figure it out. This isn't a war we're learning how to fight, it's being dropped into the water and learning- by a mix of experience and fear of drowning- how to swim. It's waking up in the middle of the night with a dry throat and knowing by instinct that you need a glass of water. It's smiling when your heart is breaking, hoping and praying that by some odd miracle it will help you feel better, yet finding yourself surprised when it actually does work. Life is a game, and it may not always be fun, but when it comes down to it everyone's a winner in the end.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails